Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

reflections from the couch

Today has been an off day.  I mean each day I face challenges but today has been particularly rough.  Sometimes no matter how hard I try, it’s hard to find the positive spin on things… but I won’t let it stop me from trying.  So what can I find positive to reflect on when I’ve spent most of my day laying on the couch?  Well I guess I’m just thankful. I’m thankful that I am able to have good days, without the bad days; I wouldn’t appreciate the good ones nearly as much. 

I also have learned an important lesson that I think is going to help me a lot in life.  Sometimes I am going to have to ask for help.  I think that is something many of us don’t do or really don’t like to do. 

I know I never have liked to ask for help.  Somehow admitting I needed someone else’s assistance was like admitting I was incapable.  I felt like of a person; less of a woman, less of a mother, less of a wife, etc., when I had to turn to someone else for help.

 Now, having been pinned into submission, I’ve had to realize that sometimes I just have to reach out and ask for help.  We can’t just sit back and wait for help to arrive, we have to request it.  And you know what? Asking for help doesn’t make me any less of a person.  Hopefully, since I was able to ask for help today, tomorrow I will have more energy to see things a little more positively.

1 comment:

  1. Asking for help is never something I've shied away from. I'm all about teamwork! LOL

    ReplyDelete