Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2012

How do you handle juggling? I'd love to hear-

Do you ever have those days when you wake up and realize that you have so much to do, that you simply want to just stay in bed? I know I do!  However, I realize that this will just add to tomorrow’s heap of too many things to do, so I suck it up, get up, and get moving. One foot in front of the other, and eventually I’m moving at an acceptable pace. 
 I swear, if I had a theme song, it’d be the circus song, because sometimes I feel like that’s me, the conductor of a three ring circus!  In ring one, we have martial arts and home school, in ring two we have t ball and kindergarten homework, in ring three there’s dinner plans, house keeping, laundry, etc. Okay maybe I need a few more rings… and there I am in the middle, juggling, keeping all the rings up in the air.  Pick up rent from the bank, go buy cleats for t ball practice, send off work samples, go to the store, I could go on, but you get the idea!  I have schedules, and calendars- even carry one in my car!  

 I have no clue how those of you with more kids keep things balanced!  With my husband leaving at 5 am and not getting home until 6 pm, it’s a long day for both of us!  Usually within minutes of hitting the couch at night, I’m sacked out!
I must confess, I kind of like being busy, it makes me appreciate the days that I don’t have to go anywhere and it helps us keep a brisk pace through the week.  It also has taught me to be a more organized and orderly person (most days!).  I have found though that just one deviation from the plan, one unexpected event, can really throw me off my game.  Say I have to go pick someone up early, a kid gets sick, there’s extra schoolwork, or even if Tre is just really having an off day, it can be a big set back.  Then about 4:00 rolls around and I realize, I somehow forget to plan dinner.  Or the next morning I realize I forgot to dry the whites that needed to be done, because everyone ran out of socks. 
I’m trying to put together easy dinner plans, without being too pricey and avoiding preservatives and dyes (also avoiding the take-out, fast food option!)…  I checked out the mac n cheese I bought a few weeks ago and low and behold, red dye #40.  Anyone care to share some of their fall back recipes?  Or tips on how you manage multitasking through the week?  I’d love to read from you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment